Sunday, February 16, 2014

À la maison

All through out the weekend, I was busy helping my eldest build her house project for her French class. Her teacher asked the students to submit a 3D house with French labels in it

l'entrée - the hall
la cuisine - the kitchen
la chambre (à coucher) - the bedroom
la salle de bains - the bathroom/washroom
la salle à manger - the dining room
les toilettes - the toilet, bathroom
le salon - the living room

Mommy's not an Architect nor an Engineer but she loves arts and craft so we ended up with a doll house.


I found some dollhouse inspiration from Pinterest


and Mica loves crafting and she always go here for her crafts tutorial. I enjoyed doing this project with her, the kid in me is happy. I ask her to bring it home after grading so she can play with it. 

The materials I used here are all recycled - card boards, shoe boxes, magazine cutouts for some pictures, used up toilet roll card board, some glue, scissors, masking tape, spare fabric, and gift wrap paper.

2 comments:

  1. I guess the doll house wont come back until school is over, it will be displayed in school for everyone to see :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's exactly what her French teacher told her. :)

      Delete

Did you find this article interesting? Did this article help you find what you are looking for? Do you have similar experience you would like share with us? Please feel free to use the comment box should you have anything to say.

Love Carla